Difference between revisions of "14% xBoots"
Latest revision as of 06:50, 20 May 2022
WORLD RECORD RECORDING
14% xBoots is one of the in-bounds 14% categories that have a known RTA completion. A total of 14 items are picked up during the entire run and focuses on using Hi-Jump Boots and X-Ray Scope for level progression.
This category is possible due to being able to kill Zebetites with only 10 missiles.
To finish this run, you need to know how to:
- Infinite bomb jump
- Single underwater walljump (to navigate Maridia)
- R-Mode pre-Botwoon clip
- X-Ray Climb
- Lava dive without Gravity Suit
- Destroy Zebetites while only using 10 missiles
- Morphing Ball
- Charge Beam (for bosses)
- X-Ray Scope (for pre-Botwoon and escaping Draygon's Chambers)
- Hi-Jump Boots (to climb parts of Maridia while avoiding L+R Walljumping)
- Varia Suit (to survive MB2's rainbow beam)
- 2 Energy Tanks (to survive MB2's rainbow beam)
- 1 Reserve Tank (for pre-Botwoon and to survive MB2's rainbow beam)
- 2 Missile Pack (to open red doors, defeat MB1, and destory Zebetites)
- 2 Super Missile Packs (to open green doors and defeat MB1)
- 1 Power Bomb Pack (to open orange doors)
Note since R-mode clip is going to be done, it is advisable to skip Terminator Energy Tank. Additionally, 1+2 Energy+Reserve Tanks may be easier (and would allow a faster route than what is stated below), but the current best (PAL) method for the Zebetite kill is easier with 2 Energy Tanks.
Collect Morph, Alpha Missiles, Bombs, Early Supers, Brinstar Reserve, and Charge Beam.
Get Alpha Power Bombs, CWJ over to Phantoon, and get Wrecked Ship Supers Left.
Kill Kraid, and get Varia Suit.
Get Hi-Jump Boots.
Get X-Ray Scope (it would be faster to get this earlier, but is only needed now).
Climb Main Street (or G-mode into Maridia).
R-mode clip to Botwoon. Get Botwoon's Energy Tank.
Climb up Halfie Climb Room. Proceed through Colosseum. Snipe kill Draygon, and X-Ray Climb out.
Exit via Aqueduct and West Sand Hall.
Get the Hi-Jump Energy Tank.
Lava dive (or G-mode into Lower Norfair), and go to kill Ridley.
Go to Tourian with full 10/10/5 ammo.
Kill as many metroid rooms as you can. Then single-wall underwater walljump out of Tourian to get more ammo. Repeat as needed. Enter the end part of Tourian with 10/10 ammo.
Kill the first Zebetite using a super missile. Perform the 10 Missile Zebetite Kills. Then defeat Mother Brain and escape.